Posted by Benjamin Young on
Due to an internal transfer, frank green requires a new ‘hands on’ General Manager, Sales to join the team to own and drive our growth of our environmentally friendly products in the APAC region.
Reporting to the Global CEO, you will be responsible for the sales strategy, plan and activities within frank green’s local and international markets.
To be successful your will work collaboratively with the finance, logistics and marketing teams to ensure that frank green’s product, pricing, systems, merchandising and strategy are best in class.
This role will also have full line management accountability for its regional sales team and will use demonstrated commercial acumen and analytical skills to facilitate a deep understanding of customers, competitors and markets which will deliver win-win outcomes.
Sales - Key Account Strategy & Relationship Management:
- Drive key account strategy ensuring that sales, profitability and brand equity are maximised. Front these relationships with the support of the CEO, Key Account Managers and the in-market Business Development Managers.
- Provide a customer-focused, market-driven approach to strategic planning (know your customer, understand changing market variables)
- Lead and own strategic planning to identify existing and new line expansion opportunities
- Facilitate all co-op marketing with key accounts, ensuring this is communicated to and agreed by the Marketing Manager.
- Seek out and prospect new markets that will grow sales, profitability and brand equity.
- Analyse and report on sales and strategies within markets at a deeper level to ensure all opportunities are realised.
- Manage and facilitate direct relationship with distributors in specific markets.
- Develop business development plans in line with the corporate planning cycle
- Involved in the achievement of growth targets and the overall financial performance of the brand
- Develop fit for purpose sales targets for each market, examining growth opportunities, enabling sales improvements, product mix development, and taking responsibility for performance against targets.
- Introduce new products and categories to the market by leading the sales team in product launches.
- Establishing and overseeing the adoption of departmental vision and values, which forms part of the frank green culture.
- Play a mentorship role to key positions within the wider sales team.
- Cultivating a winning and collaborative team culture
Financials and Reporting:
- Devise and present periodic global sales strategy and budgets for board approval.
- Provide direction to the team to establish budgets, report on results and re-forecast as required
- Ensure all BDMs and Account Managers work effectively with our customers and communicate with key stakeholders and report on outcomes.
- Manage the sales P&L’s for each market along with exception reporting and re-forecasting.
- Liaise and oversee forecasted stock requirements for the markets, ensuring that optimum stock levels are maintained and obsolete stock is minimised.
- Interpret regional sales and market data and activity to assess and highlight market opportunities.
- Utilise and facilitate compliance of CRM dashboards and reporting.
- Provide quality on time reports to inform management decisions
- Review product and staff performance on a regular basis
Brand, Product & Merchandising:
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing and Digital to ensure that marketing plans are relevant to the market and well understood by the team.
- Identify and communicate new product and existing product development opportunities to Marketing Manager and CEO.
- Manage the product selection with agreed OTB
- Report all competitive product related market information back to senior management team.
- Gather market specific feedback, data and trends when required.
- Flag and manage any in market quality issues with the manufacturing & finance team ensuring the brand is not negatively impacted.
- Ensure that the brand and merchandising guidelines as directed from head office, are implemented at the highest standard throughout all markets. Identify and rectify where there are opportunities for improvement.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to build and implement a robust trade marketing strategy which includes trade communication and trade events.
- Plan and execute trade shows in all markets, supported by the Marketing team.
- Lead the development of product category plans in the areas of assortment planning, pricing, promotions, replenishment and ranging.
- Lead the ongoing definition of the customer and market parameters (profiling)
- Help inform the marketing goals of the company including, planning, scheduling, budgeting and operational requirements
- Work alongside the Logistics Manager and manufacturing team to ensure optimum dispatch times are achieved and monthly sales dispatched are maximised.
- Work alongside the CFO to ensure debtors are managed and the companies risk is minimised (while sales opportunities are maximised).
- Assist with Supply Chain Service reviews when required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Qualifications and Key Skills Required:
- University degree in marketing or comparable - Masters and/or any other further qualification in Sales and Marketing is desired.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Minimum 10+ years of Sales Management experience.
- Management of growing teams locally and internationally.
- Knowledge of sales and trade marketing activities, tools, techniques and IT systems.
- FMCG, consumer goods, or retail experience is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Expert channel planning and execution experience.
- Experience with ERP, CRM and web based systems.
- Strong capability in building strategic relationships and teams; can influence without authority
- Ability to respond to results and consumer research in a timely matter.
- Strong capability to manage many different projects at the same time.
- Be energetic and passionate about our brands.
- Have strong listening skills with the confidence to communicate information and liaise with key decision makers.
- Highly organised project management and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to quickly learn and understand frank green selling strategies, channels, the sales planning process, and our operational side of selling.
- Great relationship management skills – accommodating, personable, reliable.
- Highly organised - enjoys pace & managing multiple projects, works to deadlines whilst maintaining great composure.
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong analytical skills with advanced Excel skills.
Does this sound like you? Express your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
The frank green team is a growing group of environmentally conscious and creative self-starters dedicated to building the brand globally. Our entrepreneurial spirit is something we take great pride in, and rolling up our sleeves to get things done is second nature. We are committed to refining our proposition and listening to our customers. We work hard and celebrate our successes.